Wednesday, June 08, 2005

hidy ho!

Well, well. It's been an awful long time since I've posted here. I guess I thought between when I was accepted into Medill and when I went there I'd just be spouting off brilliant thoughts about new media and insights about blogs. Instead I mostly just got drunk. Went to Chicago for a weekend; got drunk. Did a panel/workshop about blogs (sober); got drunk afterwards. Actually, related to the blogging panel (which was small and given to young women college student leaders), I do have one insight: college students don't know fuck all about blogs! Which is great. I may be ancient and 25, but I got that at least on the young 'uns. Suck it, you young, pretty girls w/o blog knowledge. I'm riding the wave and you're going to be left out in the cold and I will continue to mix many more metaphors.

Anyway, I'm looking for a windy city apartment this weekend, so hopefully I can report back on that process, if it's successful and I don't end up signing a lease on a cardboard box in front of Wrigley Field. I have to say that del.ici.ous and backpackit have been very helpful in my planning. When you have those, lists on that thing called paper become totally irrelevant. They're especially nice because they're browser-based instead of computer specific, so you can work on them from any station.

And those are my tidbits of the day. Off to watch the rest of Law & Order, and then Futurama, then to bed. I can only imagine that my life will become incrementally more exciting in Chicago.