Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Holovaty moves on

This is awesome news a) because Adrian Holovaty has done great things for the Lawrence Journal-World and b) I had no idea that wapo.com had a department for Editorial Innovations, and now I am totally going to do everything I can to get a job there post-Medill, even if it includes writing sincere sentences about hot air balloons.

For those that didn't know, Holovaty was lead developer at World Online, the online division of the Lawrence media empire. Personally, I think he's a model of what journalists of THE FUTURE should look like - mad tech development skills and good journalistic sense. I don't doubt that he'll do great things at washingtonpost.com.

Additionally, the Post's job listings are looking pretty good right now, for anybody interested. I'm particularly partial to the Local News Producer opening.